Saturday, December 1, 2012

Day 1 Reflection

Luke 1:1-4 1 Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilled among us, 2 just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3 With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4 so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught. I wanted to post theses verses usually I will not do this, my hope is if you are participating in this journey with me that you will open up the word and look up the key verses that I post, however tonight I thought I would make it easy since it is the first night, and because I think these are important to see to start our journey. My key thoughts are this, many people watched and witnessed what Jesus life on earth was like, and through the bible we have the gift to see who Jesus is, and what having Jesus in our lives can mean and do in our lives. A word that I think is really cool in this translation is servants of the word, there where people who thought it important enough to record these stories that we may have a glimpse of the savior. What a gift from God. The last thought I have from these verses comes in verse for "so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught" The bible is true, and it is given to us to know the certainty of God's plan for the world to redeem it from it's sin through Jesus Christ. My prayer for this journey is that through reading the Gospel of Luke you and I will grow each day with more certainty of the hope and Glory of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment