Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4 Reflection

Good Morning, excited to post today, no matter how many times I do this, I get new stuff every time I read a new chapter, that is the wonderful thing about God's word. You may have read it numerous times, but each time something new pops up. Today I want to point out 2 things. First I want to talk about the spirit of God, in Chapter 4 it talks about the spirit of God 4 times, the first two are in verse 1 when Jesus is going out into the wilderness to be tempted. What I think is cool about this and something that I know I struggle with is being led and guided by the spirit. To me looking at this situation the spirit was in control here, guiding Jesus out to a place that was going to be a tough situation, but also a place that was preparing Jesus for his ministry. It's also not like Jesus was going in under ideal circumstances as well, he was walking into the wilderness, with no food, nothing, but the spirit to provide and guide him. I think for us that is a mistake we make, not knowing and or allowing the spirit to Guide and provide all that we need when stepping out in faith to the unknown. It's hard enough to listen to the Spirit but then to rely on the Spirit to provide I think we fail in our faith of the Spirit to do that. Then in verse 4 after Jesus time in the wilderness it says he returned"in the power of the spirit" I read this as Jesus Came back ready to go, ready to take on his ministry, with full power and excitement to carry out God's perfect design for Jesus life. How often are we filled and motivated by the Spirit to tackle what it is God has designed for our lives, I think when we allow the Spirit to guide and provide we are then filled up with energy and faith to carry out God's design. The Last reference to the spirit of God shows up in v. 18 Jesus quoting a prophesy that was written about him "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me" How different we would live our lives if we constantly walked around with the Spirit of the Lord upon us. The cool thing is we have the rest of the book of Luke to experience what that is like. That brings me to the second thing I underlined in this chapter v.43 when we are guided and full of the Holy Spirit, more than likely we will be preaching the good news about the Kingdom of God, just like Jesus states his purpose for his ministry on earth. pretty cool. Lets all pray to God that we are filled with this kind of Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment