Monday, December 17, 2012

Day 17 Reflection

I am always amazed at reading scripture that I know i have read before, but how different things stand out from it. That happened today, I am sure this part has never caught my eye because I read it about 4 or 5 times today before I really made some sense out of it. Really the only reason I read it again is because the last sentence in this section jumped out at me. It comes out of verse 10 " We are unworthy servants we have only done what was our duty" Now this part comes from Jesus talking to who I presume are his apostles, which he was directly speaking to in the the previous paragraphs. There is nothing that I see that was said to give this response I just believe that Jesus was merely giving wisdom and advice to his apostles to remind them to stay humble and reflect in there lives what God had spoken to them and what commands he had given to them to fulfill. what interesting to me as we look at this part and how it pertains to our culture and is relevant is that fact that somewhat in our culture we have become a rewards driven society, almost becoming expectant of rewards and at ta boys when we merely do our job. I know I have difficulty with this , as I sometimes seek the affirmation of men rather than seeking the affirmation and audience of God. It's plainly seen to me in the world of sports when guys merely make a first down or tackle they are quick to jump up and celebrate a feat that they are paid to do, not on just big plays but every play. God commands us to love God and Love others, that is simply a command that he gives to us. Rather than seek the attention of others, I believe that we will get the attention of people around us when we Love God and Love others and glorify God through the process of those two things. We don't need to celebrate so others can see, we need to celebrate and worship so God can see we love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment