Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 19 Reflection

Marching ever closer to Christmas it's an exciting time of year, in Luke we now make a turn as well, as we are watching Jesus prepare for what he knows is his death. A death not void of purpose as we all know. It's not one that we have to sit and think about why he was treated the way that he was, because we know the end of the glorious story. My reflection today is pertaining to v.28-40, and in my bible it is Subtitled as "The Triumphal Entry" What strikes me with this is the grace and humbleness that Jesus portrayed as he was being lead into the City. He knew the purpose and the plan behind what was happening and what was going happen. What is beautiful about this was that Jesus did it with Joy and Honor. He knew where he was being led. The verse that I think is pretty cool is the last one in this section v.40 When the pharisees where telling Jesus to ask his followers to be quiet, his response " I tel you if these were silent, the very stones would cry out." Just another glimpse of his power and glory, beautiful picture of the ultimate sacrifice taking the Journey for you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment