Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day 6 Reflection

Lots of things that I could talk about tonight in my post, but in light of some of the things that have been discovered in my community about a couple of missing girls yesterday, this is what really jumped out at me in the text today. v.27-36 Is all about loving our enemies, and right now no one knows who took and killed those two little girls, but I am sure when we find out instantly there will be many who hate those involved because of what they did. The tragic thing about our world is that sin is evil and there are many people who live in our world who do not know Jesus and have evil hearts and do evil things to innocent people. It's in those times that it's the hardest to love and show Christ's love. I am sure there would be sinful thoughts that would run through my mind if something this tragic would happen to my family, and I would not wish this upon anyone to go through. I have been praying for these families that God's peace would be upon them and that somehow they can rely on Christ to somehow comfort them. However I also found myself praying for whomever did this evil thing to these, girls, it's not easy to pray for them, but as we see in these verses it's something that Jesus calls us to do. These events have really brought some perspective to what it may mean to pray for and love our enemies, now you may read this and totally disagree with anything I said tonight, these where just my thoughts as I read through the text. I hope God's light shines in your hearts tonight and every night. Brett

No comments:

Post a Comment