Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 2 Reflection

It will be short tonight, but I was reading this chapter this morning and then looking at it again tonight, and thought what is standing out to me. One word really kept popping out at me, and I suppose some of it stems from the first chapter as well, but obedience is the word that I am seeing. From the Shepard's hearing from the angels to go and see this new baby boy. Mary and Joesph staying true to custom and taking Jesus to the temple, Simeon's obedient life to the Lord, being reward by seeing the Savior before he died. Finally Jesus submitting to his parents after they come back and get him after he had stayed in the temple while they started the Journey home. Even the savior of the world was obedient to His earthly father, and ultimately he would be obedient to his Heavenly Father when he was sent to this earth to Give his life to us on a wooded cross for our Sin. Wow what obedience, it makes me sit and think how much disobedience to the Father I have in my life, and what Jesus did for me and you is quite humbling to say the least. I pray this is fruitful for you during this advent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment