Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 22 Reflection

Was difficult to look at just one thing tonight , but as I was thinking this that as I read the chapter I looked apon v.39-46, this the section where Jesus is praying on the mount of olvies. What a cool picture of Jesus at one of the most intimate moments recorded of his life. What is so cool about this is you get to see Jeuss at one of his most Human moments that I have read in the scriptures, maybe minus his birth, but him asking the Father if it would be his will to take this cup. V.42 then goes on to Jesus saying never the less your will be done, deferring to God the Father to do what was best, which was leading Jesus to be the sacrifical lamb. What to me is so cool is that Jesus by faith was going to do what ever the Father saw fit with his life. In times of crisis how often do we pray to God for his will to be done, and werent we commanded in scripture to pray like how Jesus taught us, now I know that the spefic reference is referring to the Lord's prayer, but this prayer to me is also so revelvant in our lives specially if we are to claim that God is our savior and a God that has power over all. I know it is extremly difficult in desperate times to pray for God's will, or even in Good times, really the fact is in my life I have a struggle to pray for anything but selfish prayers sometimes. Let this Christmas time may we learn to pray like Jesus not only the Our Father but this prayer as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment