Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 1 and 2 Reflection

I thought I would group day 1 and 2 as one since I posted yesterday, and this allowed me to sit and think about both chapters for a little bit. The theme that I pulled out of both chapters is the Idea of Faith. Recently I was looking at Hebrews 11 the whole chapter is listed full of Characters of the bible and the Faith they had to have in God, through the jobs and circumstances God gave to them Hebrews 11:1 says "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the convictions of things not seen" Chapter 1 and 2 of Luke is packed with the same Faith stories. Zechariah and Elizabeth being told by the Angel Gabriel of a child to be born to them when Elizabeth was well past child bearing years,and Barren. Gabriel making another appearance to Mary telling her of a baby to be born to her from God. Both times God orchestrating events that seamed impossible to very normal people that by Faith accepted the roles of being parents to these 2 special individuals. As well as the Shepard's being visited by the angel of the Lord telling them of this baby King born, and these shepherds dropping everything to go and see Him. The bible stating that they went in Haste to find Mary and Joesph. Another story of the man Simeon waiting on the promise of God to him to see the Savior before he died. Simeon says in 2:30 "for my eyes have seen your salvation" talking about the baby Jesus. So many stories of Faith through out the Gospels to me are so inspiring and get me to think why do I lack faith like this at many moments of my life. It's easy to reflect on my life and see where God orchestrated things in my life, many times when I was oblivious to Him working in my life. Often times the problem in my life is My inability to slow down and look for God in the most obscure places in my life. Much like how Jesus entered into the world in a very unassuming way , but not with out a job that the Father had Given Him, one that would require courage and a humble spirit. Two qualities that I need to reflect in my life. What a perfect start to these chapters to allow us to slow down and reflect on Faith and how Jesus entered into the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment