Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 4 and 5 Reflection

My apologies for not posting yesterday, so today I will post about both Chapters 4 and 5. First Chapter 4 some things that really stood out to me centers around the Devils tempting of Jesus. What I found to be most interesting where two of the ways that the devil tempted Jesus. I really think it's realistic to think that the devil tempts us still in the same way today as we walk through our lives. In verse 5 we see the Devil offering Jesus power and splendor if Jesus would worship him. Now I would say that in our present time it's not so much making a deal with the devil, but it's more success, power and splendor (material wealth) become god's in the lives of many replacing the One True God in whom our focus and worship should be centered on. The 2nd is this in verses 9-11 the devil actually uses God's word to tempt Jesus. I think that in our day the devil wants us to test the word of God to question it, to twist and conform in to our own opinions, to believe that what the Word says doesn't pertain to us. Sometimes convincing us to change what the word of God actually says. Which then can change the way we view and believe in God. Chapter 5 the one thing that really stuck out to me this time was v.16 " But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." I rarely do this, rather then remove myself from my day what I am doing, I try instead to pray when I have time. Often times it becomes a hurried and very unfocused prayer. I often times feel pretty disconnected. What a great example Jesus gives to us in this chapter. Solitude when we are praying is important, getting somewhere that is removed from the busy world and the demands on our lives. A place to connect with our Father in Heaven. My Prayer is that we can Pray more like Jesus in this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment