Thursday, December 12, 2013

Day 10 Reflection

I have noticed a pattern in what sticks out to me when I have been reading Luke this winter. I know that it's no accident, I know it's God doing some business with me and getting me to notice where I am at in life, and how I have allowed life, hustle and bustle to take over my life and how it has really affected my relationship with God, which then in return affects all of the relationships in my life. Even though it is showing me some difficult things, I am thankful to God for this, and because of this it has been so worth it. The Scripture that really stood out to me in this chapter is this portions from Luke 10 38-41 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, “Lord, don’t you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!” 41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[f] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.” What is profound about this section to me is at first glance most of us would have the same reaction that Martha has, I know that I would I do many times busy myself with things that I would say are good things in my life. I mean Martha was serving preparing things for Jesus Good Right, but in all of her busyness she was forgetting to slow down and spend time with the Lord. Mary on the other hand realized that it was more important to have quality time with Jesus. That frustrated Martha but the response from Jesus was amazing "few things are needed or indeed only one" All the busyness, all the things we get done, do not compare to the quality time that we spend with Jesus no matter how much we can justify those "things" we are doing. I have been trying to tell myself how busy I have been, and when I look back at some of my days they are filled with good things, but I have been allowing those things to take quality time away from Jesus. I am thankful for this season to have God reveal that to me, it's something that has affected all of the relationships in my life, and made me realize when I relationship with Jesus is growing, all of my other relationships are Strong. Thank You Jesus, My prayer for you that are reading is that you can look at your own life, ask yourself are you sitting at Jesus Feet Like Mary, or are you a busy body like Martha.

No comments:

Post a Comment