Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 15 Reflection

One of my all time favorite stories in the bible is found in Chapter 15 "the prodigal Son" this story holds near to my heart because this was a story that impacted and God spoke to me through as I was turning my life over to Him. Something that I want to point out in this story that I think is a theme that in this Chapter is Grace, amazing Grace that God has for us, and for the Lost. One phrase stood out the most to me in this Chapter that was spoken by the Son twice which was "I have sinned against heaven and before you" it's the admission of I am a sinner, I need help, I need forgiveness. Many times it's the very idea that is the stumbling block for many people when it comes to matters of Faith. Really it becomes our arrogance to believe that we are good people or I can do it my self. What is cool about this statement that the Son makes that it comes in the most desperate time of realizing I do need help, I am sinner. What is cool about his parable is the Grace that is model by the Father, and yes this story is a metaphor of the Grace that God has shown us through Jesus, that even before the Son arrives home the Father is running with open arms to His son. A picture of what God does every time a lost son or daughter comes running home to the Savior's arms. What amazing Grace that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment