Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 13 Reflection

On time to day with my Reflection, and I am not playing catch up. Glad to be able to do that, also God has been doing some things in my heart through this blog, it's one of those times that it really feels like God is cutting out some of the junk that I have been carelessly allowing to build up inside of me. Part of me doesn't really like it, partly because of the frustration that I have been ignoring this build up in my heart for a time, and partly because sometimes when God works on you it isn't the most pleasant thing. I had someone tell me once that God is going to change you one way or the other, whether you like it our not. Whats great about this is it's coming through the Word of God, a great reminder of the power of Scripture. On to the reflection from Chapter 13, Jesus is in the midst of His ministry and that means his boldness and belief in what He has come to do on earth and because it is going against the cultural norm of the religious leaders of the time the thing Jesus is doing and saying are really starting to bother these Leaders, what is so inspiring about Jesus is that doesn't affect His mission. To me that is what stood out to me today, two times where I really see Jesus boldness 1 when He heals the crippled women on the Sabbath, and the religious leaders call Jesus out, Jesus speaks with great courage to people that I would bet were not spoken to that way in this time. 2 is when some Pharisees tell Jesus to leave, He basically tells them it doesn't matter, what you tell me to do, I will go and complete my mission no matter who tells me different. What these guys didn't know was that Jesus was sent by the Father to complete a rescue mission, and there was nothing no matter how hard they tried could do to stop him. Jesus had the Courage of our Heavenly King.

No comments:

Post a Comment