Friday, December 6, 2013

Day 6 reflection

What is so difficult about doing this blog is there is so much good stuff to pull from in each Chapter, it's hard to choose from. Chapter 6 is no different, I love the stories/ parables at the end of this chapter. I love the challenges and frankness that Jesus speaks with to his Disciples, the things that Jesus speaks about that I can see to be so relevant in our culture today. There is so much stuff in this Chapter, however I need to focus in on a couple for this post so here it Goes. First thing that stood out to be is that Jesus stood out against culture, in the beginning of the Chapter is the story of Jesus doing things on the Sabbath, I am sure by this time the Religious leaders of the time were getting tired and jealous of the attention that Jesus was receving , but that is the thing about Jesus, he stood out against culture no matter what the situation called for. There are a couple of other instances in this chapter in which that also happens. The part about loving your enemies, or how we are not to Judge others. That was counter cultural in Jesus time, and guess what that is counter cultural in our day and age as well. There are many areas in which this is relevant in our society. First is this Jesus very much stood up for integrity and the Principles in which He lived for, He lived a life that was in full devotion to the Father and the call that the Father but on His Life. His life also though was one of compassion and love for everyone no matter the situation someone found themselves in. Such a different way of life then most of us live. In our society our rush to judgement, and inability to love people who don't agree with our opinions or lifestyles is a crumbling hinderance for us to live like Jesus modeled and desires us to live. I am as guilty as the next, that is why I am thankful for Jesus life and model, and what he accomplished on the Cross for a sinner like me. As I read this Chapter it is a great reminder that my Faith has much further to go, and a great reminder that I must love others even when how they live or think differs from me. Jesus saw no boundaries in how He loved others, it's my prayer that I can take steps to love like Jesus did.

No comments:

Post a Comment