Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Day 22 Reflection

Prayer is what stood out to me in this Chapter, I am sure that it has a lot to do with just where I am at in life. Let me ask you if this sounds familiar in your life, it's busy, day seams to not slow down, there are lots of things pulling for your attention, your prayer life then becomes very short, and slipped in when it fits. That is my life to a tee the dishearten thing for me is that my prayer life seams so disconnected , and not genuine it's been on my mind for a while so I am sure that is why God was convicting with a certain portion of this Chapter. Verses 39-46 tell us about Jesus going out to the Mt. of Olives to remove Himself from the chaos that was around Him, to get away and have intentional time with the Father. Jesus knew exactly what was happening actually we get a glimpse into the Character of Jesus. What I thought stood out in Jesus prayer to the Father, was not asking for what He wanted He asked God for His will to be done. Thats so impactful for me because it's my natural tendency to want to ask God for what I want, rarely do I ask for God's will to be done, probably because I am afraid of what God may ask of me. I am thankful for this Journey through Luke, there has been fruit in my Life because of it, there have been times that I have not wanted to read the chapter or post, I have not been motivated through this Christmas season for many reasons, but because of this season of Advent God has been doing work in my heart. For me know it's a test of my faith do I truly believe what God is teaching me, or would I rather just continue to live a comfortable life, or one that is chasing after Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment