Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Day 9 Reflection

Luke 9:23-26 23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. 25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? 26 Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Wanted to share this verse during this time for a few reasons. One this is Jesus talking to His disciples right after Jesus telling them about what He is to go through persecution, mocking, and ultimately death, I would think this would be such a sobering conversation, the depth of the relationships that Jesus is forming with these men, I am sure made it hard for them to hear this from Jesus. What I am sure they didn't understand was that this was part of Jesus whole recuse plan for us sinners. Second in this section we see Jesus giving them a command of sort, explaining the Cost of Living a life in submission to God. What is cool about reading this is that we are getting a first had look at what a life like that is about, Jesus is a great model of a life of Submission to God. What I also think is so cool about these verses is this, Jesus is asking his disciples, us that we are to sacrifice our self in order to live a great life. We are asked to sacrifice our opinion for the sake of the Word of God,

No comments:

Post a Comment