Monday, December 16, 2013

Day 14 reflection

In this Chapter two things stood out to me, first I found in V. 11 "For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted" I think the reason that this stood out to me, is because of how we treat people in society and this was really starting to bother the people that thought they were important in Jesus day. It was the fact that Jesus didn't care who you were, what you looked liked, what you had, He had time for everyone. That is something that is not a quality that you see very often in our world. Specially when people feel like they are more important than someone else. I think that is why we have such admiration for people who do care about everyone, it's a quality that I think many desire but few know how to do. The next thing that stood out to me was the fact that Jesus talks about a cost of discipleship, I think that sometimes we have this idea that following Jesus is easy, it's like if I commit my life to Jesus it's like hitting the red easy button in Life. That is just not the case, I think what happens when we commit our lives to Jesus we start to see the world through a different lens, and also as we become a disciple of Jesus possibly our hearts change and move away from some of the destructive patterns that we may have been following along before we trusted in Jesus. I think we start to see God working in the storms, when before all we could see was the storm. Or the storms look different when we know we have Jesus to turn to when we have always turned to ourselves in the past. It's work that is so worth it for our savior Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment