Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 12 Luke 12

Key Verses: 12:2-3, 12:9, 12:25, 12:34

Right off the bat in chapter 12 we see some verses that is a great warning and encouragement that confession is an important aspect of our lives. This section fits very well with the end of Chapter 11 as Jesus is speaking warnings to the Pharisees and his disciples of living a Christian walk.

The thing with this section of scripture is that it to me is very translatable in to the culture we live in, and if we are not careful and aware of Sin in our lives we can very much fall in to a live of trying to hide it from others and keep it in the dark. Jesus warns us here that no matter how hard we try eventually the sin in our lives that we keep hidden will be found out. This is especially tough and dangerous within the Christian community and in High School. We live under such expectations of how we are to live our lives, which as Christians there is truth to living a life that is holy and honoring to God, but part of that is confessing our sin to Jesus and others when we are in times of need. The more we hide those things in our lives the more we convince ourselves we are someone different that we really are. The more we drive ourselves away from the Cross.

The more we keep sin in the dark, the more we diminish what Christ did on the Cross in dying for our sins. When we confess those sins we are hiding we allow Christ through him dying on the cross to take them from us and give us forgiveness. By living our lives in the open we confess our sins to Jesus, and by that we say Jesus I can not do this alone, take my sin from me I am weak and need help, and when we do this I think you will see a change of heart and understanding of the cross, and through this process, you will see your life change because you are falling more and more in love with him and what was done through the Cross.

Pray: Lord, I am weak, sinful, and selfish, I confess that I am a sinner and cannot do this alone. Thank you for the Cross, thank you for your sacrifice, thank you for loving me and wanting me to be a child of God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment