Thursday, December 8, 2011

Luke 8 Day 8

Key verses: Luke 8:4-15, 8:35, 8:43-44, 8:48, 8:54

Always good stuff to read each day, one porition that I am not going to really comment a whole lot about ,but is always fruitful for me to take a tempature check of my faith and how I am growing is the the sectition of Luke 8:4-15, I suggest you read it and take an honest look at your life and how you are applying the Word of God to your life.

That being said I want to take a look at the interactions that Jesus had with people today in the book. Partly because in this season I have been really aware of relationships and interactions with people and how critical they are to our daily lives, but also how critical they were to Jesus, I mean almost every single story we read about in Luke has to do with Jesus talking or healing someone. Only one I can think of that does not is Jesus Vs. the devil in the wilderness.

Story 1 is Jesus healing the demon possessed man, and for the descripition in the story this guy was crazy, the kind of crazy that in our world we would grab the kids a little tighter, and probably cross the street to stay away crazy. Once again we are exposed to Jesus's power over evil, and satan in our world and the demon is casted out. But what I really want to draw notice to is how this man was changed by the power of Jesus. V.35 "found him....Sitting at the feet of Jesus clothed and in his right mind" Jesus has the power to change lives completly, no matter what or who we have been controled by or have done. Jesus has power over all evil.

Story 2 is a one where Jesus on the way to help Jairus's daughter a women from the crowd toches just the fringe of Jesus garment. What a great story of faith this women has, she had spent the last 12 years spending everything she had, "all her living on physicians" and nothing could be done. She hears of Jesus and believes so strongly of his power to heal, that she only wants to touch the fringe, the fringe, and in v.44 we see "immediately her discharge of blood ceased" Humbling to me to read this, because in times of struggle and need do I have faith like that, faith in the fact that the God I claim, can heal, can provide for any need, with the simple act of the smallest amount of faith. V.48 is a great picture of our Savior when he replies to the woman as she was explaing "Daughter, your faith has made you well, go in peace"

Prayer: Dear God I ask forgiveness for the times I question, or don't believe in your healing power, I thank you for your word, for the stories of healing, for how you show grace on the sick, and your acts of power over evil. May these stories stir my heart, and stregthen my faith and prepare me for times of need. Thank you for your Cross. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment