Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day 14, Luke 14

Key verses Luke 14:26-28

Gonna be quick today and only going to look at these couple of verses in a paragraph listed under Cost of discipleship. Looking at these verses on can look and probably there might be a feeling of discontent when in at least the ESV V.26 talks about having to Hate your family or our own life as a cost. At first glance that alone would be a huge stumbling block for many if not all. However I think that we need to look a little deeper into what it actually is saying with that word. Looking at a footnote in my bible the word hate is actually meaning to love less, also it says "Discipleship means loving the Master so much that all other loves are hatred by comparison" So it is not saying in order to be a disciple of Christ that you can not love your family, the life that Christ has given to you. No what it is saying is that your love for Christ should far exceed anything else in your life that by comparing those things it is not even close.

Something I know if I evaluated my life and my love for things in compared to Christ, I would not be proud, somewhat for me a convicting piece of Scripture.

Prayer: Lord God penetrate my heart with your love, I thank you for the grace you show me each day, and I am sorry that I often times fail to show you love like you have shown me. Thank you for being full of Love and Grace, I pray that as I look at your word and what you did for us on the cross that I will fall more and more in love with you. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment