Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Day 21 Luke 21

Key Verses: Luke 21:4, 21:6, 21:8, 21:13, 21:15, 21:19, 21:27-28, 21:36.

I realized that I sometimes put out Key verses then never talk about them, what I am doing through this reading of Luke is underline verses that stand out to me, those are the verses that I underline in my bible. Anyways just thought about that as I looked and underlined quite a few, but won't talk about all of them.

Cool story, right out the bat and really challenges me in how I give and how I approach giving. This story is cool because this poor woman, gives all that she basically has to God, vs. the rich putting gifts in. Whats really gets me thinking is that Do I give out of duty or do I give with my heart, to me this story shows that obviously the woman is giving out of a love in her heart for the Lord. Where sometimes we just give out of duty, we should. I have really been challenged with this because I know God's call on my heart to give, but then look and see how much do I have to Give, as well as the feeling of do I love money more than God? I hope during this season we can really sit and ponder the why behind the giving that we give.

The rest of the chapter has the feel of a parent talking and preparing a child for their departure, or a parent releasing their child out in to the world. Which in a sense is what is happening. Jesus knowing that his time on earth is nearing the end, I think wants his followers to be prepared for what is to come when he leaves, and what is to come when he returns to finally redeem the earth. V.13-15 is this great preparation for the persecution that is to come to Christians and really comforting in the sense that we know that Jesus is our provider and protector. v.19 " By your endurance you will gain your lives" Endure, and be strong for God is our provider.

the last verse I want to comment on which I thought was really cool is V.28 " Now when these things begin to take place, straighten up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near." When Jesus comes back there will be great signs wonders and things that may be frightening, and unnerving, but in the end if we believe in the promises of God, we know he speaks of his return and when we see these signs coming hold our head up high, and not be afraid, because redemption is near.


Prayer: Dear Lord give us confidence, in your strengthen our faith, and desire to give to your church and kingdom. Prepare us and give us confidence in you and your word so that when you glorious coming, comes that we can stand with confidence in that you are coming to redeem us. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment