Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 23 Luke 23

Key Verses: Luke 23: 39-43, 23:44-49

Sometimes it is hard for me to read this chapter, but then I think about it a little more and realize that this was all part of the plan, even though it is tough, and my sin is to blame for Jesus going to the Cross. I remember watching the Passion and it was really hard to watch watching the pain and suffering Jesus went through because of our sin. The crazy thing is that it is such an epic picture and gift of Love that God gave us, sending his son to the earth knowing what he must go through to save us, humans that at our core, desire sin, over a relationship with our eternal God. Knowing the only way that we could be in fellowship with Him was to send his son to the Cross.

Two verses really stand out today, and I will share breifly what I think about when I see these, and I will be relatively short in posting today. V. 43 " Truly I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise" The ulitmate picture of grace said to the Thief on the cross min. before each would experience death, One deserving one not, In his last moments the thief asking for the Savior to save, and Jesus does. Truly an act of great mercy and grace.

V.46 "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit" My study bible comments that even in his Death Jesus is still in control of things, and reading through Luke I have gained a new understanding to the depth of what Jesus did on the earth, and how much control and power He has over evil, but how much love and grace he has for those you place their faith in him. I know that in my own life I struggle, becasue the unknown scares me at times, but what I have to understand is that God is faithful, and will bring it all to a Good work.

Prayer; God as we get ready to celerbrate your birth, I want to also acknowledge your death for my sins to that I could have a rebirth into your family. So thank you for Jesus, and thank you for being faithful, and merciful in your pursance of my heart. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment