Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5 Luke 5

Key Verse Luke 5:11, 5:19-20, 5:28, 5:30-32

Hey all hope Monday finds you well, I know for me today has been a struggle, and it is amazing how God speaks to me through what I have been reading and what I read today. Lately for me it has been hard to find encouragement and energy, could be the season, could be the busyness that I surround myself with, or just not slowing down and taking time to see and hear God in my life. So a few of these stories from today really motivated me and allowed me to refocus, great stories for a Monday, when many of us are not motivated. So a theme I picked up throughout this chapter was that of "All In" and really for me personally that is some times a struggle, and it is at those points in my life that I feel the most disconnected of all.

"All In" So in verse 11 Jesus tells Simon,James,and John to follow him, "They left everything and followed him.", When the buddies of the paralytic new Jesus was in town they were "all in" to get there buddy face time with Jesus anyway they could, to the point of getting on the roof and lowering him in. Jesus calling the Tax collector Levi, Jesus says Follow me, and in verse 28 "leaving everything he rose and followed him" Levi was "all in"

Then finally in verses 30-32 when asked why Jesus was hanging around with sinners and Tax collectors we get a glimpse of Jesus being "all in" when he said "Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." You see Jesus was "all in" to come and save those you were sick, who are caught up in sin, he wants us "all in" as well.

To me "all in" is the phrase need to hear when I am struggling, when I want to make things about me, and not about others. Jesus was all about others, saying I have come to save the sick.

Prayer: Jesus fill me up when I feel empty, when I am not "all in" Let me remember you came to save me, on the Cross, so that when I am in a pit or feel like the world is on top of me, I can choose Joy, I can chose you and say Jesus I am "all in" Thanks for your cross, thanks for what you did by dying, saving me, who is sick with sin, so that I can serve you and say I "all in" Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment