Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Day 6 Luke 6

Key Verses Luke 6:23,

Good evening to everyone tonight, hope all is well, I know here today seamed to be the first real bitter cold day, was not ready for it. Anyways back to Luke.

Lots of good stuff, but really wanted to focus on one thing that really stood out to me, in verse 23, "Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil on account of the Son of Man" Here is what I was thinking about as I was reading this, often times as Christians we struggle with fitting in to the World, but also living a lifestyle that is honoring to God, sometime lines get blurred, and we face the fact that we have to make a choice to fit in to the world, or to stand against the mainstream, and stand for Christ. What happens in that moment often can make us feel like we don't fit in, we are out of place in this world. That makes being a christian a struggle sometimes, or it makes it hard for us to see where we fit in to the world. The reality is, we are going to go through those times sometimes and I feel that God in this verse is telling us that the feeling of out of being out of place, and like we don't belong because of our choices for Christ, that in those times we will be blessed. I know it is a struggle in those times, and sometimes it is hard to make that choice for Christ, but let this verse be a promise to you that when we chose Christ, we will be blessed.

Decided to be short tonight, so that we can really look and meditate on this verse, specially in those times when choosing Christ can feel lonely, and feel like we are out of place. In the end because of those decisions to pursue Christ we will be blessed, and we can lean on the promises of Christ.

Prayer: Dear God please help me to pursue you in the time of Advent. I pray for confidence in those times I want to Chose you and it may feel like no one else is. I pray for comfort and courage when I feel all alone because of my desire to follow you Jesus. Thank you for the sacrifice you choose for me, and the loneliness you felt on the cross for my sins. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Amazing stuff. God does meet us in those lonely places.

    I feel sometimes when I'm trying to fit into the world and those around me while also trying to live for Christ, I have felt as if I didn't belong to either camps; God's child or of the world. Like what yesterday's thought was...selling out- it's so true. That reminds me that I can't please both, I can't serve two kings, I can't split my attention. I often try though. And then I wonder why I don't feel complete satisfaction in Christ. Complete satisfaction must be only attained then, in Christ alone.

    ReplyDelete