Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7 Luke 7

Key Verses: 7:9, 7:14-15, 7:42,7:47, 7:49

Beginning to realize many of the themes that I am picking up this year are things that I struggle with in my own life, or things that God is reveling to me through his word, and I suppose that is the point. So I think that it would be great if you are reading this Blog to comment on some things that God is speaking to you through reading the scripture?

One thing that I noticed today with the stories that where told, is that each of the people that were healed or impacted where desperate for Jesus to help them, which I think happens quite a bit, people in there last ditch effort turn to Jesus because they have no where else to turn, however something I want to point out is the people that were witnessing these stories, the ones that things may not have been to the brink. These are the people I look at and think the stories where most intended for, now don't get me wrong Jesus blessed beyond belief those in dire need, but part of why He was doing this was to reveal his power and glory to those who were not desperate for him, so that they might see who he was and turn to him. V.16 is amazing when they say " Fear seized them all, and they glorified God Saying " a great prophet has arisen among us" "God has visited his people"

Jesus power, mercy, and acts of Kindness where sweeping the land. The final story of this chapter to me is one of the most eye opening to me because I find myself much like Simon often not always aware of the gift that is given to me through Jesus dying on the cross. this is the story of the sinful women that Jesus forgives while at at diner party with Pharisee and others around. You see Simon really was paying little attention to Jesus, while this women who knew of Jesus mercy did not stop giving him attention because she believed in his power of forgiveness. Then we are given "V. 47 Therefore I tell you her sins which are many are forgiven for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little loves little."

This verse cuts me at the core, because each and every day I must come to terms with my own sin, and there are days which I sometimes don't acknowledge thankfulness of my Savior dying on the cross for me and the sin I commit, because he has blessed me which much, and I fail to remember Jesus sacrifice. My hope for you is that through this season you and I both will learn to love more this sacrifice that Jesus gave to us through his Cross.

Prayer: Dear Jesus let us in this season remember the cost of the Cross, and like the sinful women be praising and thanking you for that sacrifice on the cross. I pray that I can love more, because I need to be forgiven daily for my sins. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment