Thursday, December 15, 2011

Day 15 Luke 15

Key Verses: 15:7, 15:10, 15:24, 15:32

Some of my favorite stories in the bible, The parable of the Prodigal Son is one of some real personal significance as when I started to really commit my life to Jesus this was big in my life because I saw some real parallels to my life thru the story on the prodigal Son.

But what I really want to focus on is the theme that is threaded thru each of these stories that fact that God celebrates the lost coming home. Each of these stories are talking about those who are lost coming home or being Found. v.7 I love this verse " I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over 99 righteous person who need no repentance." God loves the lost who come to him.

v.10 " Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents" The angels of God celebrate those who are lost that repent of their sins and Follow Jesus.



v. 24 " For this my son was dead and is alive again he was lost, and is found. And they began to celebrate"
V. 32 It was fitting, to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead and is Alive he was lost, and is found"

It brings great Joy to God when the lost are found, and those who are Christians should also seek the Lost and have great Joy when those who are lost, repent and put there faith in Jesus.

Prayer: Tonight Pray for someone who is lost, or ask God to reveal to you someone in your life that is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment