Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day 3 Luke 3

Key Verses 3:5-6, 3:16

Never until now paid alot of attention to Advent and the season and really what it meant and was all about. However this advent for some reason it has come up much more often, so I decided that I needed to figure out just what it meant. So looking at different blogs, and videos, listening to a talk or two, I started to hear words like prepare, anticipation, quit, expectant. Maybe it is by season of Life or becoming more aware of things, but what an opportunity during Advent to prepare our hearts for a change, for a different reason to celebrate the Christmas Season.

I thought Chapter 3 was fitting to talk about Advent, because it was talking about John the Baptist preparing the way, we was preparing hearts for a change in life, for a new way of thinking. John comes and is preparing hearts for Jesus, the one Scriptures had talked about. Luke 3:5-6 " The crooked shall become straight, the rough places become level ways and flesh shall see the salvation" these two verses are also found among the old testament, prophesying the coming of Jesus Christ, what moments of anticipation we can having during this time of Advent. Just thinking about it gets me excited. Later in Luke 3:16 John says ' I baptize you with water, but He who is mightier than I is coming" Remember John is preparing hearts for a change and new way of thinking, of salvation. What an amazing thing we are preparing to read about, all the more reason for me/you/us this year to have a different perspective of Advent this year.

How are you preparing for Jesus this Advent Season?

Prayer: Ask Jesus to during this season of Advent to change your hear through the Gospel no matter where you are at in your faith. "Search me God and Know my Heart, Test me and know my anxious thoughts. , See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24.

No comments:

Post a Comment