Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 16 Luke 16

Sorry this is so late tonight, I had every intention on getting this out earlier, but life got in the way, for that I am sorry, some days my focus can leave the things important to me. Anyways to some of the meat of this chapter.

Key Verses: 16:19-31

The story of the rich man and Lazarus, this is an interesting exchange after the Rich man has died. This was a man who while he was alive was wealthy, probably a position of power, and of importance. He had everything that he wanted while on this earth. We also see the opposite a man Lazarus who while on earth was in the Earth's eyes was bottom of the barrel, sores all over eat what the rich didn't. What happens here though that when they both die the roles are completely reversed, Lazarus is taken up in to heaven and sits next to Abraham and is carried up to the angels, while we see the rich man tormented in Hades asking for a drink of water from Lazarus. During the exchange the rich man ask's that his family be let know that heaven and Hell are for real. The verse that popped out to me was V. 31 "He said to hi, if they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be convinced if someone should rise from the dead"

Plain and simple when we hear the word of God, when we hear the truth of the bible this is the only chance we get on earth, we have that chance already to witness the rising of the Dead in Jesus Christ. Another thing that I know for myself that I need to remember, is that the things of this world that I chase and value, only last for a period of time, However the importance of my focus on God and what he did through the Cross is of an importance of and entrenity.

Prayer: Lord I pray for focus on you, and not the things of this world that to often cause me to get distracted, and not focused on the main thing, the power of your Son Jesus dying on the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment